Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And the Leaves are Starting to Turn...







In no time at all, September is now around the corner. Like always, summer has flown by at lightening speed. I've already started the back-to-school (or rather, just 'school') clothing hunt, made plans with Kirsten for Aaron's coif, and got a hop on my Kindergarten phone coordinator duties. Yes, that's right-- I have an active role in the Local Advisory Council (LAC) committee this year as Class A's (Aaron's class) Phone Coordinator-- Da da daaah!! My responsibilities include: attending monthly meetings, scheduling parent volunteers for every day of the school year and notifying parents of special events, snack duties, changes in schedule, etc. Basically, I will keep every parent informed of what is going on schedule-wise. I have always desired an active role in my children's educations ever since I unexpectedly sprung parenthood on myself. I want to be the mom who volunteers, has good relationships with the other parents and is well-known and well-liked by the students and teachers. Not only that, but the benefits of having a position like mine will help me to meet new people and hopefully, make some new friends. You can never have too many friends, right!?

In the meantime, according to the weatherman, we still have quite a few nice days ahead of us in the next week or so... Maybe after a couple more trips out to the lake and a few more dips in the pool, we can fully and gratefully, welcome Fall!

0 comments:

Post a Comment