Friday, December 18, 2009

We Miss Our Ava

Life is not the same without the fourth member of our lil' family around.  With yesterday being my day to assist as parent helper in Aaron's kindergarten class, and today being the kindergarten Skating Party and Potluck {both events are required to be sibling-free}, I arranged for Ava to have a sleepover at my mom's.  While I'm happy for her and grandma to spend some quality time together {they have big plans for gingerbread house decorating and a movie night!}, it sure has made me notice how much she brings to our family.   *I should note this is the first time she's gone on a sleepover solo*  After Aaron's Christmas concert lastnight, we enjoyed some fine dining at Taco bell.  It did not take long for conversation to be directed on Ava's absense.  Aaron, "I miss Ava.  She's my little angel.".  Me, "Me too.".  James, "Me too.".  It's funny to sit there and imagine that this is exactly how life would be had we kept the number at one.  Quiet.  A little too quiet.  I sure am glad to have my girl, going back to the days of being outnumbered by the boys.  I'd be a lonely girl, living in a world of video games, hockey, farting and wrestling. 

1 comments:

It's A New Life..... said...

hahaha with all the girls here and I am still surrounded in farts and wrestling!! Aaron looks adorable of course and loved what he said about Ava!!

Post a Comment