Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Day at Pembina River





Okay, so it's been a while since posting anything new... Just goes to show how busy the summer can be.
Last week, while James was working I decided to take the kids out to Pembina River for the day where my Grandma and her husband were staying for the week. I've been out once before with the kids, about two years back. It's one of the more exciting places I've ventured to in Alberta and only about an hour and fourty five minutes away.


All day long people float from one end of the river to the bottom-- I can't wait for the kids to get a bit older so that we can be one of those care-free drifters! The kids had an absolute blast. First thing, we headed out to a rockier area of the river where the kids could wade in the water; throwing rocks without me having to worry about them being swept away with the current. The water is amazingly warm and the kids could have stayed there all day long if I'd let them.

After some lunch, we headed to the beach. Last time we were here, Aaron was not at all interested in floating on the blow-up mattresses and Ava was just a baby, but this time around-- I couldn't tear him away from it!! He sat on one end and Ava on the other! It's really nice that they're both getting older... They're really great companions to each other.

0 comments:

Post a Comment